Placentia Presbyterian Church Community Outreach and Church Transformation
- While not limited only to these demographics we hope to benefit the Latino, Asian, and other ethnic populations in the communities where PPC members live and serve.
- That the PPC congregation would open to new ways of offering hospitality to the “other” and therein rediscover her missional footprint in the neighborhood.
- The community and church will be mutually transformed by opening to the other in multi-culturally significant ways; by worshipping together, sharing meals, encountering Christ, engaging in life and serving side by side and shoulder to shoulder as a preview of Heaven in all of its anticipated diversity with Christ at the center.
- There will be a noticeable change in the demographics of the PPC membership.
- To become a model for the LRP and her churches in connecting with the neighborhood that is increasingly multi-cultural.
- Both the church and the neighborhood will be transformed together as they build relationships, encounter Christ, live in community and are empowered for change.
Our Session is unanimously committed to becoming a Multicultural Congregation that resembles the ethnicity of the communities where we live and serve by reaching out beyond our campus, with the love of Christ, building personal relationships with our neighbors.
Because of You
The Gospel is open to all people despite gender, sexuality, ethnicity, or economic status. Nothing or no one should stand in the way of God in Christ extending love, grace, peace, forgiveness, and purpose to anyone.
Through this relational, transformational, and renewal process the truth that all people are created in the image of God is honored, divine worship forms are maintained, broadened and driven deep. Cultural barriers that divide are broken down so that social righteousness is made level ultimately allowing the basic needs of all human beings to be met in Christ.
In so living the good news out loud to the public politic we say to one another and to the world that the Kingdom of God is exhibited and alive as a movement at PPC.
Thank you for joining us in this endeavor!